There are a number of adults, ages 18 and older, who are experiencing behavioral health problems and who need assistance, but do not require a residential treatment program. To meet their needs, TMC Behavioral Health offers an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) that provides weekday treatment to adults who are experiencing:
- Emotional problems
- An inability to carry out daily activities
- A significant decrease in their ability to function and interact at home or work with family, friends or co-workers
- Substance abuse
Intensive Outpatient Programs offer a number of benefits to patients who need behavioral healthcare but do not need a residential program. Our IOP gives patients that freedom to come and go to each session, and to return home every evening. They are often able to continue working, and IOP programs are more family centered than many inpatient programs. Finally, Intensive Outpatient Programs are usually less costly than inpatient programs.
The Intensive Outpatient Program at TMC Behavioral Health includes:
- Group therapy sessions
- Development of interpersonal skills, coping skills, and relaxation skills
- Management of symptoms
- Mood stabilization
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) emphasizes the important role of thinking in how we feel and what we do. CBT says that when our brains are healthy, it is our thinking that causes us to feel and act the way we do, and we can control that to some degree.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) focuses treatment on emotion regulation, distress tolerance, mindfulness and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Relapse management
The Intensive Outpatient Program at TMC Behavioral Health Center operates Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 8:45 a.m. noon. Lunch is provided.